If you’re a fan of art and crafts, have a science project that needs a little extra fun, or just love the planets, this Craft City design hack is just for you!
With the Craft City Slime Art Kit, the universe is literally at your fingertips!
What You’ll Need:
- Craft City DIY Slime Art Kit
- Food Coloring (yellow & red)
- Glitter (optional)
- Flat non-stick surface
- Follow the Craft City Slime Art Kit instructions to create the blue, pink, clear, and green slimes
- Using some of the blue and green slimes, mix the two together to get a darker, teal green, and set aside for later use.
- How to create each planet:
- Sun: Take a small handful of the clear slime and place it in a separate bowl. Take your yellow food coloring and add one drop to the clear slime and mix. To make your sun sparkle, add gold glitter
- Mercury: Take a small piece of the pink, green, and blue slime and mix together, it should create a grey color for your planet. Adjust the amount of slime to the mix to get your preferred color. Add some styrofoam beads for texture.
- Venus: Follow the same instructions as you have for Mercury but in slightly larger portions for a slightly larger planet. Add in silver glitter for a bit of sparkle!
- Earth: Take a small piece of the blue slime and let it flatten out on your flat surface. Once flattened, take pieces of the dark green to create the continents.
- Mars: Take a small handful of the pink slime and place it in a separate bowl. Take your red food coloring and add one drop to the slime and mix.
- Jupiter: As one of the largest planets in our solar system, you’ll need a bit more slime for Jupiter. Take a handful of the clear slime and set it aside in a bowl. Take a handful of the greener slime and the pink slime to create a grey color. Once you have these two slimes created, mix them ever so slightly to the point where it's marbled and then place onto your flat surface. Wait for the slime to flatten out and add in styrofoam beads and gold glitter for extra detail.
- Saturn: Take a small piece of the pink slime and place it in a bowl. Take your yellow food coloring and add one drop to the pink slime and mix. You should be able to get a bright orange color. Add gold glitter for more detail. As for Saturn’s rings, mix a tiny bit of the pink and green to create grey slime and stretch it out into a line and place directly over the Saturn slime
- Uranus: Mix a small piece of the clear slime and an even smaller piece of the blue slime, mix together to get a semi-translucent slime for your planet.
- Neptune: Using the blue slime as is, take a handful and place on your flat surface. After it disperses into a round shape, place one of the silver jewels
- Pluto: Using the darker green take a small piece and place on the surface.
- For each planet, make sure to set it on a non-stick surface and wait for your planets to dry. May take up to 3-4 days to dry.
- Once your planets are dry you can stick them on your wall, create a mobile, or place them on your window as sun catchers!